Only 35 more days until I get to see Ed Sheeran perform live again. So excited. It's been way too long. And Passenger as opening act is going to be totally awesome :D
So..yeah...since I have been very absent the last couple of months I thought I'd do one of those "get to know me" things to catch you up on what's been going on. Tagging all of you :)How are you?
I’m good! Work has been going pretty well lately, I have a few friends (who are also my colleagues )that I enjoy spending time with. I have the whole week off and get to spend some time with my Mama. And I can sleep as long as I like, which is a plus :)Do you ever wish you were someone else?
Uh, sometimes – everyone wishes they were a little different, skinnier, prettier, etc, don't they? But all in all I am quite happy with the way I am.How old are you?
I’m 24 now and I'll be 25 in January. Scary thoughtYour zodiac/horoscope and if you think it fits your personality
I'm an Aquarius through and through. Positive traits include innovation, individuality, openness, social consciousness, inventiveness and self assertion; negative traits are eccentricity, lack of attachment to people and the "real world," over-intellectualizing of the emotions, a crotchety temper, rigidity, intellectual arrogance, and stubbornness. What is your hair color?
Naturally it’s mousy brown but I dyed it a "fiery brown" (it said so on the box^^) a few weeks ago.What is your eye color?
blue-greyYour opinion about your body and how comfortable you are with it
No one is 100% happy with their body, I think. I would like to lose some weight, I should go to the gym more often. But I really like my eyes and my nose and on a good day I actually think I'm pretty. As a believer I think that every single one of us is beautiful and I know I am beautiful but I don't think I'm pretty all the time. My confidence was knocked down over and over again but I'm slowly regaining it :)Do you have any tattoos?
No and I would never get any. I'm so fickle, I could never decide on a tattoo and I would most certainly not like it anymore after a while. So, nope.Left or right handed?
Right handedDo you drink?
No, I don't. I don't like the taste of alcohol. And I know that there are drinks that don't taste of alcohol, my best friend keeps telling me that some taste like juice, but I might as well just drink juice then^^ I had two sips of champagne and orange juice when we had our big company anniversary and I felt light-headed all evening. Alcohol just isn't for me.Do you smoke?
No. I've been an asthmatic my whole life. I know what it's like not to be able to breathe and I really like breathing! I try to stay as far away from smoke as possible.What talent do you wish you’d been born with?
I wish I was musical, I adore music. I love to sing but I'm very bad at it. I wish I could carry a tune. My brother is the musician in our family.Do you replay things that have happened in your head?
All the time! I go over conversations that I had again, replaying things that I wish I hadn't said and thinking of things that I should have said. I think way too much. State 10 facts about your room
1. I own quite a few things with a Union Jack on it and am constantly looking for more. I love surrounding myself with British things.
2. I have 6 calendars on my walls. They've been there for years because I like the pictures on them, I don't use them to check the date.
3. My bookshelves are overflowing I need more space to hold all my books.
4. I have one shelf dedicated to Harry Potter, one to Doctor Who and one dedicated to Josh Groban. The books, CDs and the memorabilia are way too special to me to have them mingle with the rest. They need their own special place.
5. I love Christmas and have little Christmassy things in my room the whole year round.
6. My CDs used to be alphabetized but since I have most of my music on the pc I've been neglecting my CDs. I need to reorganize them.
7. My DVDs are alphabetized.
8. I have one bookshelf dedicated to Nicholas Sparks but if he keeps writing at this pace I'll need a bigger one soon. (I own a German and an English copy of all his books, I even have some in Italian...I don't speak Italian^^)
9. The whole wall next to my bed is covered in pictures of Ireland and Scotland that I cut out of old calendars.
10. I've got a poster of my favourite quote by John Green on my wall Nerds like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff… Nerds are allowed to love stuff, like jump-up-and-down-in-the-chair-can’t-control-yourself love it. When people call people nerds, mostly what they’re saying is ‘you like stuff.’ Which is just not a good insult at all. Like, ‘you are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness. Do you have any phobias?
I'm not very fond of any bugs, insects, spiders...the whole lot. I am terrified of wasps and hornets. I'm scared of clowns and I don't like heights.Share something about yourself others might think is weird
Uhm...I talk to myself and think in English even though I'm German. Also, I always have a song stuck in my head. Always. And sometimes I hear a certain word and I'll immediately start singing a song with that word in it in my head.Quote you try to live by
Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind".
I also really like something that Myles Dyer
once said: "Surely you should be taking comfort from anyone who throws negativity your way, because when you've gone around doing your own thing you somehow made a significant impact in someone's life. So significant that they felt the need to let you know that they exist."What’s your favorite band/singer?
I could never pick one definitive one but a band that I've loved for years is Silbermond. I'm also very fond of Josh Groban, Ed Sheeran, Brad Paisley, Passenger and Hayley Westenra.Dogs or cats?
Cats are adorable and beautiful creatures but I'm allergic to them, so...dogs.What are the top five places you wish you could go before you die?
I've been to England a few times before but I really want to go there again. There are so many places in England I would love to go. Another country that I need to visit is Wales. Ireland and Scotland are also on my list. Do you ever want to get married?
Yes! Sadly I haven't found the right guy yet. What was the first concert/show you attended?
Sibermond, 27.10.2004 @ Vamos Kulturhalle in Lueneburg. You’re given $10,000…under one condition: you cannot keep the money for yourself. Who would you give it to?
I’d give part of it to my parents so they can pay off the house and I'd support my brother and his band
. I'd donate the rest to charity.Are you a procrastinator or do you get things done early?
I'm a procrastinator, unfortunately.Do you care if people talk badly about you?
Well, after so many years of being bullied I try no to care.One thing you’re excited for
Christmas and the Ed Sheeran/Passenger concert I’m going to in November!Who is your celebrity crush?
Uhm...Brad Paisley, David Tennant, Aidan Turner, Tom Hiddleston